(FORMERLY OPPOSE WAL-MART) UPDATE
May 28, 2012
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to
opposewalmart.com or saveatascadero.com
P O BOX 1524, ATASCADERO CA 93423
(Please notify us of email address changes)
Editor: Lee Perkins
VIEW PAST SAVE ATASCADERO UPDATES, AT
PLANNING COMISSION, JUNE 5 at City Hall at 6:00 pm
WAL MART/Annex EIR CITY COUNCIL MEETING SET FOR
TUESDAY, JUNE 26 at 6:00 pm.
In an article TT dated 5/26, Tonya Strickland indicated the City of Atascadero City Council has scheduled to hear the proposals regarding the Wal Mart/Annex EIR on Tuesday, June 26th.
The fact that this date has been publically published means the City of Atascadero is moving forward with the Wal Mart/Annex flawed EIR as discussed at the Planning Commission meeting Tues., June 5.
The final EIR report and answers to comments to the Draft EIR and Recirculated EIR are now on the City website: www.atascadero.org. We are encouraging the public to attend both the Planning Commission and the CC meeting and send in your comments, as well, to Warren Frace at email@example.com no later than
Points of interest:
Did you know?
- The actual cost of the round abouts is an “unknown.” No formal study has been made. The $4.5 M figure is purely an estimate made by the City. The City of Atascadero has not filed the one page Cal Trans form Cal Trans has asked for, the same one the City said they would file in tandom with the processing of the EIR. So the actual cost and whether or not Cal Trans agrees that the round abouts are the best answer to the traffic flow are still “unknown.” The City says it will submit the form after approval of the WM/Annex EIR.
- Wal Mart says that 75% of their stores in California are equipped with Solar Panels but it is not cost effective in Atascadero. Not Cost effective for Wal Mart that is? It would seem that Wal Mart is only interested in profit in spite of their so called “Greening” of Wal Mart. The Del Rio Wal Mart is in an ideal sunny location for solar panels which the State of California Attorney General’s office may require? This is another issue the Planning Commission could reommend the City Council require.
- The WM/Annex EIR should have been extended to include the west side of 101 where more commercial development is planned further impacting the Del Rio Intersection in the future.
- The WM/Annex EIR should have been extended to Potrerro Rd., east of the proposed development. This road, in engineering terms, is considered a “collector” road. This means that this road is a busily traveled road (school and bus traffic and a main artery road that funnels traffic to the Del Rio Intersection). There is no consideration of this in the WM/Annex EIR.
- There has never been an actual trafic study–no traffic count made car by car of present day traffic in and around the WM/Annex roadways.
- The parking lot standard space size in a WM parking lot does not accommodate pick-up trucks both in lenth and width. As you know many of us have trucks in and around Atascadero.